Terms of Engagement
I am delighted that we will be working together in the future. Here is what you can expect from me (the practitioner) and what your responsibilities are as my client.
My commitment to you
All information you give me will be kept in confidence. Your personal details and medical information will not be made available to third parties unless permission to do so is granted by you.
Using my judgement and experience, I will suggest certain exercises and other lifestyle advice that I believe will help you achieve your personal goals, but if at any time you have specific requests please tell me so I can accommodate them.
I intend to work with you within the scope of my knowledge and competencies. Therefore, when I believe it is in your best interests to see another health professional, I will refer you appropriately.
d. If I (the practitioner) cancel or run late
Unforeseen circumstances may arise which require our sessions to be rescheduled. In this event the following policy will apply:
- If I am forced to cancel our session within 24 hours, I will make up the session at no charge to you.
- If I am forced to cancel our session giving you more than 24 hours’ notice, I will reschedule as soon as possible.
- If I run late in starting our session, I will extend the session time accordingly or make it up at a future date, whichever is most convenient to you.
Your responsibilities to me
a. Disclosure of information
Please disclose all health information as requested at our initial consultation and keep me updated and informed of any changes to your health status. This includes all medical conditions; physical and mental, injuries, allergies, and medication you are taking. If necessary, you may need to seek clearance from your doctor before participation in the programme I recommend.
b. Accepting potential risks
Whilst for most people exercise is hugely positive with many health benefits, there remains some risk that I require you to be aware of and for you to sign the informed consent and disclaimer that I will provide.
c. If you (the client) cancel or run late
- If you cancel your session with less than 24 hours’ notice or fail to show, you will be required to pay 50% of the session fee.
- If you cancel your session with notice between 24 and 48 hours, then you will be required to pay 0% of the session fee.
- If you (the client) are late to a session, I will do my best to get the most out of the remaining time left in the session as I am unable to run over time due to previously arranged client commitments.
PLEASE NOTE: In the event that you need to reschedule or you are running late for a session, please contact me ASAP by texting or calling 021-058-1632 or emailing me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
d. Payment options
Cash or cheque at the start of or before each session.
Direct credit per session no later than the day of service.
Direct credit weekly/fortnightly/monthly.
Credit card weekly/fortnightly/monthly.
e. Being prepared for your session
To get the most out of your session I recommend the following:
- Have a small snack or light meal two-three hours before your session
- Be sure you are well hydrated and avoid alcohol prior to your session
- If you are feeling unwell before your session please contact me
- Bring a small towel and water bottle to training
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear (ask me if you are unsure)
- Be ready ahead of the appointed time
f. Communication and commitment
While I can give you the tools and encouragement to reach your goals, ultimately you will need to assume responsibility for making the required changes. I can best help you with this process if you keep me fully informed of any issues that arise for you and if you have any questions or concerns whatsoever please do not hesitate to voice them with me.
Terms of this agreement
The client understands that they are paying the practitioner for their services as outlined in this agreement. In the event that the client does not use the services, the client will still be responsible to make payment for the full initial term as agreed above. The practitioner will deliver their sessions and advice to the best of their ability, will be qualified and/or registered, and will respect all applicable New Zealand laws and industry codes at all times. The client agrees to make all payments by the due date and acknowledges that any late or unpaid payments would result in referral to a collection agency. All costs of collection and recovery would be payable by the client.